News and Events
BIG-Kent at "Kent 2020 Live" exhibition - 25th April
- BIG-Kent and the University of Greenwich exhibited at the Kent 2020 exhibition. The event provided a platform for BIG-Kent to reach out to new and innovative Kent businesses and increase its network of partners.
Thames Tideway Breakfast Event - 28th March
- BIG-Kent and the University of Greenwich Medway hosted the National Maritime Development group breakfast event which was attended by delegates from the NMDG network, BIG and University of Greenwich. The presentation was enlightening and some issues concerning the tunnel development were addressed by the group.
IP Rights and licensing workshop – September
- We will be holding a seminar on protecting your intellectual property rights with guest speakers from EIP. There would free 1-2-1 IP advice (based on bookings because availabilty is limited). Please contact us for more information on bookings.
Thames Tideway Tunnel event jointly with NMDG - 28th March.
- The breakfast meeting of the National Maritime Development Group will be on Thursday 28th March at the School of Engineering, University of Greenwich, Chatham Maritime. In partnership with the Thames gateway and South East LEP manufacturing alliance and supporters of maritime manufacturing.
IP and Trademarks event 28th Nov 2012
- The Intellectual and Trademarks event was attended by companies and members of the BIG-Kent network which happened on 28th November at the University of Greenwich, Chatham Maritime.
SEMTA regional event 18th Dec 2012
- BIG-Kent hosted the SEMTA London region meeting at the Dartford Nucleus. SEMTA is to become a supporting organisation of BIG-Kent and Dr Pal Kulandaivel has been invited to join the SEMTA London and South East Advisory Board.
Southern Manufacturing Show 2013, FIVE, Farnborough
- On the 13th and 14th Feb, BIG-Kent network partners notably the University of Greenwich, MJ Allen Group, Circatron, Rastervision successfully exhibited for a third year in series.
For future opportunities to exhibit as part of the BIG-Kent network, please contact us.
BIG-Kent established in 2009, is the umbrella network in Kent and Lon/SE LEP area (Kent arm for
www.lsema.org.uk) for Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology sectors. It is a platform for peer-peer learning
and collaborating aimed at private and public sector opportunities, supply chain, funding, partnerships, innovation
and growth. BIG is led by the local Manufacturing industry community and is promoted jointly by the University
of Greenwich at Medway in Kent and the following support organisations that form the Advisory Group.
represent the wider interests of the business community, gauge relevance of activities set-out to promote the BIG
members’ interests and support the activities. For more details please visit www.big-kent.org.uk
University of Greenwich www.gre.ac.uk
National Skills Academy for Manufacturing www.nsa-m.co.uk
Industry Advisory Group
MJ Allen Group www.mjallen.co.uk
Wirebelt Ltd www.wirebelt.co.uk
BAE Systems www.baesystems.com
MEP Ltd www.mep.co.uk
Premier Foods www.premierfoods.co.uk
Circatron Ltd www.circatron.co.uk
Business Support Group
EEF – The manufacturers’ organisation www.eef.org.uk
Manufacturing Advisory Service www.mymas.org
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce www.kentinvictachamber.co.uk
Kent Channel Chamber of Commerce www.shepwaybc.co.uk
Institute of Directors, Kent Branch www.iod.com/connecting/local-networks/south/kent
Archant KOS Media www.kentnews.co.uk
Business Week www.businessforkent.co.uk
The Bridge Nucleus www.nucleus-dartford.co.uk
Medway Innovation Centre www.innovationcentremedway.co.uk
Enterprise Europe Network South East www.enterpriseeurope-se.eu
National Maritime Development Group Join Group on LinkedIn
Business improvement by collaborative R&D and commercial partnering.
Mutual growth through business innovation.
Public sector opportunities and funding.
Strengthening the regional supply chain network.
Establishing shared innovation, R&D resources and infrastructure.
Business innovation seminars, workshops on industry issues.
Establishing partnership working frameworks and thematic project consortiums.
Embedding new knowledge and innovation into industry, particularly SMEs.
Focus groups, peer to peer learning and collaborative working.
Leveraging UK/EU public sector funding for innovation projects.
Commercial partnering/brokerage and meet the buyer events; cross-selling exhibitions.